Celebrate Invention 2014
October 28, 2014
The University of Michigan’s 2014 Celebrate Invention reception to honor the contributions from U-M inventors was held Tuesday, October 28, from 3 – 6 pm at the Michigan League Ballroom. Remarks by President Mark Schlissel, VP for Research Jack Hu, Associate VP Innovation Partnerships Ken Nisbet kicked off the lively reception. Guests included U-M inventors who have contributed to discoveries, issued patents and technology licenses during FY14, as well as U-M Deans, Officers, Faculty & Staff, and commercialization partners from the community.
The reception encouraged networking among our inventor community and business partners in the community. Several inventors presented their work in a series of kiosks set up around the room. Two inventors, Jim Shayman and Norm Radin, were honored for their life’s work on a drug to treat Gaucher’s disease.
- Nilton Renno – Ice Detection Technology
- Holly Craig, Stephanie Hensel – ToggleTalk: Improves Literacy Outcomes
- James Ashton-Miller, Hogene Kim, James Eckner, James Richardson – The Quick Stick and Method for Measuring Simple & Recognition Reaction Times
- Noel Perkins – Diamond Kinetics’ Motion Analysis Sensor to Enhance Movement
- David Zacks, Anna Schwendeman, Rae Sung Chang, Lee Kiang – ONL Therapeutics’ Therapy to Reduce Vision Loss
- Susan Shore, Seth Koehler, David Martel – Treatment for Tinnitus
- Anish Tuteja – HygraTek’s Coating to Repel Liquids