Innovative Ed-Tech Tools from the University of Michigan – 2022 IMS Global Learning Impact Conference
Innovation Partnerships will be sponsoring a booth at the Learning Impact Conference, June 13–16, 2022, featuring two ed-tech tools developed by faculty leaders in path-breaking teaching pedagogy.
SAVE THE DATES:
June 14, 2022 – 4:30-5:00 pm CDT
Can Online Role-Playing Simulations Produce Learning Engagement and Skills Development?
Speaker: Elisabeth Gerber, Faculty Innovator of ViewPoint and Professor of Public Policy
June 15, 2022 – 1:40-1:55 pm CDT
Connecting Digital Learning Platforms Based on What was Discussed in Class
Speaker: Perry Samson, Co-founder of Weather Underground, Lecture Tools, LearningClues and Professor of Atmospheric Sciences
Can’t make it to the Learning Impact Conference?
Please contact Ashwathi Iyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Engaged learning through multi-stakeholder immersive role-playing simulations
- Easily and quickly create custom role-playing simulations for online, hybrid and in-person classrooms
- Remove uncertainty by organizing all your simulation materials into a single platform
- Choose from a library of over 80 customizable simulations created by faculty across public policy, political science, social work, law, criminal justice, business, leadership training and engineering
- Easily track student performance with advanced analytics
- Empower your students to work through complex, multi-stakeholder challenges, improving their soft skills such as empathy, collaboration and leadership
- Used by 15+ higher ed institutions & thousands of students
Elisabeth Gerber is the faculty innovator of ViewPoint and a professor of public policy at the University of Michigan. She has pioneered the use of technology to seamlessly author, facilitate and participate in multi-stakeholder immersive role-playing simulations all using a single software platform.
As the director of the program for practical policy engagement & the faculty innovator-in-residence at the Center for Academic Innovation, Elisabeth combines her decades-long research and teaching experience in public policy to use technology to create engaged learning experiences to improve her students’ knowledge and soft skills.
Promote Student Help-Seeking by Contextually Linking Lecture Videos to External Resources
- Organize, index and curate all your lecture videos into a searchable, connected database
- Analyze videos for topics covered and redundancies across courses, or combine videos for new curricular needs
- Gain insight on which learning materials students find useful
- Empower students to study better and think associatively by making information across disparate lectures, courses, and concepts instantly accessible
- Automatically generate study guides in the form of flashcards cross-referenced with timestamps from lecture videos
- Allow students to spend less time looking for information and more time studying and synthesizing
- Used by 400+ courses, representing 13,000+ hours of lecture videos
Perry Samson is a professor of climate science and a veteran innovator of educational technologies. He is the co-founder of The Weather Underground, a global website for weather information; Lecture Tools, a technology for interactive student engagement in large lectures and his latest venture, LearningClues.